Pre-order my upcoming book: The Happier Approach
Would he/she be:
- proud of you?
- puzzled by you?
- amazed by you?
- ashamed by you?
- surprised by you?
I love this question and frequently ask some form of it to my clients. This question gets to the heart of who are you, what you love and value. Because let’s face it who we were as a child, what we loved, valued and played with probably is still true today. Unfortunately for many of us, we have buried that little one. Long forgotten the passions and joy he/she experienced. We have gotten caught up in being practical, paying bills and doing what we SHOULD do and we have forgotten what we WANT to do.
- What would the child you once were think of the adult you have become?
- As a child, when you dreamed about being an adult…what was your vision for yourself at 20, 30 or 40?
- What did you love to do as a child?
- What did you value, what was most important to you, how did you spend your time?
- How can you add some of those childhood dreams into your life today?