You don't have to live stressed out and exhausted.
Ah worry. It takes so many forms.
We spend our precious days, minutes, time worrying about:
- paying the bills
- ‘what might happen’
- ‘what will they think of me’
- ‘what if I fail’
- your kids, your health, your parents, your partner, your job, your weight, your life AHH!
The list can go on and on and on and on.
But you know what worrying does: absolutely nothing. Yep, as an experienced worrier I can tell you worrying does nothing, but it makes you FEEL and THINK like you are doing something. It makes you feel like you are taking action, holding vigilance, being ‘on guard’.
Honestly you can worry until, as they say, the cows come home and at the end of the day:
- you could go into debt
- your life could change in an instant
- people might say terrible things about you
- you could fail
- your kids could get sick
- your parents will die (eventually)
- your job could be cut
And worrying will have done nothing. Basically,you will have wasted a lot of valuable time when you could have been:
- getting financial help, a loan or a part time job
- enjoying your life and the blessings of the day
- trusting that those who love you support you and the rest just don’t matter
- failure is a part of life. Not failing means you haven’t really tried anything.
- embracing, loving, and spending time with your kids. Give them the best of you and love them unconditionally.
- same goes for your parents. Thank them for bringing you into this world and doing the best they could with what they had as they raised you.
- working as hard as you can and doing the work you love.