Live Happier this Holiday: 40 days of wisdom and grace delivered to your inbox
Frequently I get the question, what does Trusting Yourself have to do with Living Happier?
The simple answer. EVERYTHING. Basically Trusting Yourself is the foundation for Living a Happier Life. I wanted to give you some specifics of how I have found Trusting Yourself to be life changing and a key to Living Happier.
When you Trust Yourself you:
- More easily recognize and let go of the inevitable anxiety and angst that sneaks up in your life.
- Recognize when you are being driven by the need to please or what “they” might think vs. when you are being driven by your own internal compass.
- Know when you need to say no or set a boundary and are more comfortable with the fact that in doing so you might disappoint people.
- Live by your values and regularly check in with them to make sure you are living YOUR life on YOUR terms.
- Are ok with the fact that you have needs and wants and can ask for them in a clear, loving manner.
- KNOW that no matter what the world throws at you, you will be ok. Even when the road gets dark and scary, you trust that you have the resources, skills and the voice within you to light the way.
- Stop giving all your power to your Monger and recognize that the nagging, “you are not enough” voice is just a part of you…and not something that you have to give any real power to.
- Let go of the whirlwind of fears and “what-ifs” and relax in to the peace of knowing even if it you are overwhelmed right now, you know how to handle it, all will be ok.
- Knowing YOU know what is best for you, not your partner, best friend, mother-in-law or boss. YOU have this.
When I was struggling the most with Trusting Myself someone said to me: “It’s not your fault that you’re unhappy, but it is up to you to make the change”. Those words rocked my world. Only you know what your happier life looks like, and no one-size-fits-all solution is going to get you out of a cookie-cutter life.