Download a free chapter of my new book: The Happier Approach
It is so easy to get discouraged in today’s world. Whether it is in your personal world where there is grief, sadness, fighting, pain, overwhelm, anxiety, debt and stress. Or in the larger world with fighting, pollution, killing, and famine, and governmental gridlock.
I know there are times I get saddened by the impossibility of making any real change.
Making a difference.
It is said that our lives can change in an instant. They can change either in the positive or the negative with the power of one.
And then I remember it takes one:
- One kind act.
- One moment of waking up and being intentional about the day.
- One smile to a stranger.
- One moment of truly listening to your spouse.
- One pause and a big deep breathe before you say something you will regret.
- One comment of telling someone they did a good job.
- One piece of litter picked up on your morning walk.
- One act of patience when someone cuts you off on the freeway
- One random act of kindness.
- One handwritten note to a friend.
- One hug to someone who is having a bad day.
- One act towards something you love.
- One moment of encouraging a child that they are doing awesome–just as they are.
- One comforting act for a person in pain.
- One act of gratitude.
- One word that brings peace.
I posted this video on the Live Happier facebook page this morning because I have been listening to this song almost non-stop this week. And I wanted to post it here for a little inspiration that even you and me, each of us trying to Live Happier in our daily world…makes a HUGE difference in our own small worlds, and to the larger world.
“Love is not a whisper or a weakness. No, Love is strong and we have to get together….until there is no reason to fight”