Want to stop losing your cool with those you love?
One of the reasons I love the phrase Live Happier is because it is something you can do every day. It is not a destination as in “one day I will live happier”. Nope, living happier is something you can do in the midst of lives trials in tribulations or when life is cruising along with ease.
Living Happier isn’t something you achieve it is something you are engaging in all the time. Does that mean you have to be always striving? No, but it does mean you have to be engaged and intentional about your life. It isn’t something the goal it is something you are doing every day of your life to make your life richer, fuller and brighter.
Living Happier is:
- Being intentional about your life. Knowing what activities give you energy and what activities drain your energy and trying to have more activities that give you energy.
- Having awareness about yourself, what are your strengths, what are your values, what do you want your life to look like?
- Knowing life is full of ups and downs. Tragedies happen, losses occur AND it is even more important to be engaging in #1 and #2 above during these times.
- Living Happier requires full engagement. Having the tough conversation with your partner. Confronting the co-worker who keeps stealing your ideas. Asking for the raise you deserve after 3 years of nothing. So many of us are walking around like zombies in our lives and then wondering why we aren’t living happier.
- The recognition that some days we will be firing on all cylinders and some days we won’t and loving ourselves the same regardless of the kind of day we are having.
- Asking for help when we need it. Recognizing that we can’t do it alone. We need to reach out from time to time to get assistance; clear tasks off our plate or just get much needed support.
- Approaching the world from an attitude of openness, kindness and love for ourselves and for those around us.
- A process. A wonderfully, imperfect messy, engaging, process.